Euronext Brussels is looking for an analyst intern to join the dynamic Listing/Corporate Services team in Belgium. Main responsibilities will include the preparation of sector- and company-specific analyses, the modelling of market monitoring tools, as well as working on cross-team projects with the other Euronext locations. The internship will start in August 2022.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Student majoring in either a finance or business related degree
- Previous internship/positions related to Equity Capital Markets/Investor Relations required
- Applicants with professional references will be prioritized.
- Strong proficiency in financial databases (e.g. Thomson Reuters Eikon, Factset, Bloomberg) as well as very strong MS Excel and Powerpoint skills
- English-native or fluency required, other European languages a plus
- Ability to work autonomously and with teams alike, under pressure with tight deadlines
- Very strong multitasking, organization, writing and communication skills
- Essential skills include attention to detail, rigor and a strong sense of accountability combined with a pragmatic approach
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, demonstrated aptitude for analytics and the ability to transform quantitative findings into deep qualitative analysis
- Conduct industry, market and company-specific research
- Support sales representatives in preparing meeting and pitching materials, spanning the entire value chain
- Support the team by contributing to the production of sales and market intelligence. This can range from analyzing the private funding ecosystem (Start-Ups, Scale-Ups, Private Equity, Venture Capital)
- Involvement in the launch and development of new initiatives (targeting innovative Tech SMEs across Europe, Family-owned businesses, etc…) and participation in the preparation of monthly and quarterly reports on market activity from a listing perspective
- Peers analysis and global ECM/DCM benchmarks
- Take part in a project dedicated to the design, project management and roll-out of a dedicated offering and suite of strategic initiatives (with potential themes including ESG, ICOs/Blockchain, Real Estate..)
- Conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis based on Clients’ listing, peer and sectorial data
- Producing sectorial analysis on clients industry (Real Estate, LifeSciences, Tech)
- Active participation in improving the team’s Excel models, creating new models
- Produce Excels and PowerPoints required by clients
- Contribute to the search for new clients by drafting pitches and commercial proposals
- Actively monitor ECM markets and relevant newsflow for clients and prospects
- Answer clients requests and queries on a regular or ad-hoc basis
- Monitoring Clients’ shareholder and investor relations activity (shareholding ID, investor books, CRM…)
This job description is only describing the main activities within a certain role and is not exhaustive. It does not prevent to add more tasks, projects.
- Step 1: Please fill in the form on this page to let us know you’re interested in this position.
- Step 2: Apply here for the position at Euronext.
Euronext is the leading pan-European market infrastructure, connecting European economies to global capital markets, to accelerate innovation and sustainable growth. It operates regulated exchanges in Belgium, France, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Norway and Portugal.
With close to 1,959 listed issuers and around €6.9 trillion in market capitalisation as of end December 2021, it has an unmatched blue chip franchise and a strong diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets, one of Europe’s leading electronic fixed income trading markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total product offering includes Equities, FX, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices.
The Group provides a multi-asset clearing house through Euronext Clearing, and custody and settlement services through Euronext Securities central securities depositories in Denmark, Italy, Norway and Portugal. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. In addition to its main regulated market, it also operates a number of junior markets, simplifying access to listing for SMEs.